Thursday, December 18, 2014

Eighteen Chef (Ang Mo Kio)

Wanted to try Eighteen Chef for a long time but couldn't get my friends to come with me. But since I'm dinning here means that I finally managed to drag them with me.

Eighteen Chef is run by Benny Se Teo who has been to prison and is now trying to help ex-convicts and delinquents reintegrate back into society through his restaurant.

We looked at the menu and decided to get the student meal ($6.40)- Pasta or Cheese Baked Rice + Ice Lemon Tea + Ice Cream. I went to the counter to place everyone's orders and we waited for our food to arrive.

I ordered Cheese-Baked Rice with Mushrooms and Spicy Garlic sauce. I thought the spicy garlic sauce would be flavorful but in the end it tasted a little like mui fan except with fried rice flavor. PY had the Japanese curry sauce which she liked as it tasted nice and it wasn't too spicy for her.

Lemon Tea. Love the cup used. The drink had a strong tea taste with a mild lemon taste. I prefer to have mine with a strong lemon taste.

Blueberries & Vanilla Ice Cream Waffles (+$4). For additional $4 with the student meal you can choose any waffle from the waffles menu. I shared with PY and we placed our free scoop of chocolate ice cream on the waffle as well. They were good. Warm waffles, tangy blueberry sauce and cold creamy ice cream.

Rate:
Cheese-Baked Rice with Mushrooms and Spicy Garlic sauce: 5/10 ☺
Lemon Tea: 5/10 ☺
Blueberries & Vanilla Ice Cream Waffles: 7/10 ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment