Thursday, June 4, 2015

Cafe Insadong

Came to Cafe Insadong with gf. This cafe is quite unique as it is not only offers dessert but art and elegani as well.

Injeolmi Toast with Ice Cream ($6). After my first encounter with injeolmi I began to fall in love with it. So when I saw that they had injeolmi toast I knew I had to order it. For ice cream there were a few selection- vanilla, chocolate, matcha(+$0.50), salted caramel(+$0.50) and a few others that I can't recall. Being a salted caramel lover it was no hassle picking my ice cream flavor. Two pieces of toast with gooey rice cake in the middle, dusted with soy powder, topped with salted caramel ice cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce and almond flakes. To be honest, it was a little disappointing. The salted caramel did not taste salted nor caramel-like. It was a little sticky in texture and maybe tasted a little like butterscotch? The toast with the rice cake was too chewy for me as well.

Red bean and Sweet Potato Patbingsu ($9). The shaved ice was really fine. Much more then the one I had at Bing Go Jung which were like the ones you get in your usual Ice Kachang. Somehow I didn't really like the sweet potato which felt quite heavy maybe because its a starch.I think this bingsu was a little sweet for me and gf. What I like here was the mochi.

Overall, I really like the presentation of the food. The service staff was also quite friendly when we asked for recommendation.

Rate:
Injeolmi Toast with Ice Cream: 5/10 ☺
Red bean and Sweet Potato Patbingsu: 5/10 ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment