Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Koh Grill and Sushi Bar

Went with Edmund to Koh Grill & Sushi Bar cause I wanted to try their Shiok Maki. We arrived at around 12pm(cause Edmund was late) and there was a queue but we got seats quite fast.
We ordered our food and began out wait. 

Green Tea ($1.50). There's 2 option, sweetened and unsweetened. I love the sweetened green tea, it's has just the right amount of sweetness that I like which isn't too sweet.

Pufferfish ($12). Glad that it did not took too long for this to arrive as I was hungry STARVING! I expected something weird from it but in the end it was very normal. To me it was exactly like bak kwa(dried, barbecued pork a little like jerky). But the only difference was that it was accompanied with mayo and tons of flying fish roe. Chewy, tasty pufferfish with creamy mayo and those tiny fish roe that burst in your mouth. Definitely yummy.

Sashimi Jyo Moriawase ($38)- salmon belly, swordfish belly, white tuna, hamachi and ama ebi. 

-The salmon belly was average, standing sushi bar ones seems to be of higher quality. 
-Swordfish belly was firm and mildly sweet.
-White tuna. I think it's the one that was marinated with some soy sauce(?) The texture was firm and flavor was good.
-Hamachi(yellowtail). I like how it looks(although you can't really see it from the picture above). It was of good quality.
-Ama Ebi(sweet shrimps) had a slimy texture and was indeed sweet in taste. A little weird for me as I didn't like the sliminess of the shrimp.

My complain? Wished that the sashimi was colder.

Shiok!!! 2nd generation Maki ($16.80)- crispy prawn wrapped with lightly roasted salmon. Finally the dish that I came for arrived on my table. The flavors really went well with each other. The sweet sauce, lightly cooked salmon, the prawns and the fish roe was so good. My complain is that the maki was cold when they served us. Since the salmon was lightly cooked I was expecting the top to be slightly warm. I would prefer a warm/hot and cold combination which would have made it perfect.

Rate: 
Sweetened Green Tea: 10/10 ☺
Pufferfish: 8.5/10 
Sashimi Jyo Moriawase: 6/10 
Shiok!!! 2nd generation Maki: 7/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment