Friday, December 26, 2014

Krispy Kreme (Great World City) -CLOSED-

Today is boxing Day but I did not get doughnuts today. I had Krispy Kreme donuts on Christmas eve!

Kripy Kreme is a doughnut company that started out in America in 1937. Many years later, Krispy Kreme came to Singapore with it's first outlet in Tangs Orchard on October 2013. Kripy Kreme has since opened 3 more outlets. I went to it's newest outlet at Great World City.

Gf and I bought a dozen assorted flavor ($2.50) for our colleagues- New York Cheesecake, Green Tea Cake, Salted Caramel, Caramel Cheesecake, Cookie Crunch and Red Velvet.

New York Cheesecake on the inside there was cream cheese filling and it's topped with some sort of biscuit for some crunch.
Green Tea Cake had a different texture, more towards a cake then doughnut (which I didn't like). The green tea flavor was prominent and good. DL really liked the green tea flavor of it.
Salted Caramel my favorite flavor! They use sea salt flakes. Very salty, very sweet but very good. Salted Caramel lovers will definitely love it!
Caramel Cheesecake is a lot sweeter than the New York cheesecake. I think it's really too sweet.
Cookie Crunch uses Oreo so instead of the golden brown doughnut, it's dark brown. Had a slight chocolaty flavor. Gf like this the most as she likes Oreo.
Red Velvet had a very crumbly texture. Fell apart quite easily. It had a chocolaty taste but there was an artificial taste to it.

I also got a free Original Glazed doughnut from the line app. Slightly chewy and quite sweet but good. YS likes the original one.

In the end everyone was happy with the doughnut although it was sweeter than what we would prefer. I especially love the Salted Caramel which I would gladly buy a box of if it weren't for the calories.

Rate:
New York Cheesecake: 7/10 ☺
Green Tea Cake: 7/10 ☺
Salted Caramel: 10/10 ☺
Caramel Cheesecake: 6.5/10 ☺
Cookie Crunch: 7/10 ☺
Red Velvet: 5/10 ☺
Original Glazed: 7.5/10 ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment