Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mata Thai

My mom and I wanted to eat thai food so we settled for Mata Thai which was nearby.

Thai Iced Milk Tea($1.50)- I love thai milk tea a lot and somehow it's hard to describe how it taste like. The closest description is that it taste like milk tea with some grass jelly taste. The milk tea here was a little too sweet for me.

Pineapple Fried Rice ($6)- Was a little disappointed when the rice came on a plate instead of in a pineapple like the one shown in the picture. Taste wise, it was disappointing. Tasted like normal fried rice with pieces of pineapple. Rice was a little too moist(slightly mushy also). However my mom was okay with the taste.

Tom Yum Seafood ($8)- So cool that there's like a clay like thingy with fire to warm the soup. Soup was quite good(although not the best, it still had some thai tom yum taste to it). It was spicy and acidic(I'm drooling while thinking back of how it tasted) It came with prawns, squid and mushrooms. The prawns were quite big(bigger than shrimps). My mom really like the soup. Better to drink the soup while the fire is burning cause when the soup is cold is ain't as nice as it was.(it also becomes saltier from the continuous bubbling evaporation) 

Yam Ring ($10)- This was one of the chef's recommendation there. We ordered it cause it felt weird to order just 1 rice and soup. Anyway, I didn't like this dish at all!(my mom agrees as well) No offense, not that it tasted bad or anything. It was just that it tasted too Chinese(since I was in a thai restaurant I wanted thai food). 


Mango Sticky Rice ($4)- Warm, slightly sweet and very slight salty rice topped with slightly cold, slightly sweet and slightly sour mango and drizzled with coconut milk. I liked it very much. A nice ending for our meal.
  
I think that this place serves food that are worth what I pay and I don't mind coming back here again for their tom yum soup and mango sticky rice. 


Rate:
Thai Iced Milk Tea: 6.5/10 
Tom Yum Seafood: 6.5/10 
Yam Ring: 4/10 
Mango Sticky Rice: 7/10 

Address:
Blk 508 Bishan st. 11 #01-390

Contact:
68999555/ 92762629

No comments:

Post a Comment