Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert (Bedok)

Went to Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert with Zq for dinner.

You would never have never thought that a place called Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert would sell food other than dessert. They sells Hong Kong style dessert, snack, rice and noodles.

I ordered the Braised Pork Rib Rice ($6.90). The pork rib was tender and flavorful. The vegetables were just blanched without any seasoning so it tasted plain. The chili given was good. Crunchy and spicy.

I also enhanced my meal (+$1.90) for a Pumpkin Cake and Raspberry Lemongrass Jelly. The warm pumpkin cake tasted like yam cake except a little more fruity(?). The jelly had the lemongrass essence and was served chilled.

Zq and I ordered the Yolky Custard Pau ($2.90). The molten lava filling inside this fluffy pastry is a yummy combination of savoury salted egg yolk and sweet custard. Definitely lip-smacking! I always order this when I come to Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert. It's really good and so picture worthy. I really love the salted egg yolk flavor combined with custard. Whoever invented this must have been a genius.

They charge 7% for GST and 1% for service charge.

Rate:
Braised Pork Rib Rice: 7/10 
Pumpkin Cake and Raspberry Lemongrass Jelly: 7/10 ☺
Yolky Custard Pau: 9/10 ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment