Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sushi Tei (Tampines)

Was hungry after school so I had dinner outside. Went with Hazel and Eugene to Sushi Tei. When we were there, there was a long queue and we waited quite a while before we managed to get a seat. The good thing was that one of the service staff came out and asked the guest how many people will be dining there.

We finally managed to get a table. We sat at our table and the waiter asked us what we would like to drink. All three of us had hot green tea which was complementary.

I ordered Salmon Ikura Oyako Don ($18.80)- salmon & salmon roe on sushi rice. Ikura is my favourite! Balls of yummy, salty, fishy goodness that burst in your mouth. They were very generous with the amount of salmon roe. It was a little too much for me but I still enjoyed it. Salmon was cold, fresh and had a good texture but Hazel said that the salmon was a little tasteless.

We shared Kaisen Nabe ($28.80)- traditional sumo hot pot with seafood and assorted vegetables [scallop, salmon, prawn]. We had three options to choose from for our soup- miso, shoyu and 1 more which I forgot. We got the miso soup. It didn't taste like miso, more like instant noodle soup(?) Inside the soup there was enoki, udon, beansprout, carrot, prawn, scallop, cabbage, glass noodle(?) and leeks. Salmon and himachi(?) was given on another plate. To me the whole pot tasted a little like me eating beehoon soup. The vegetables took a long time before it finally soften up.

For me, I prefer my Salmon Ikura Don more than this. I wouldn't mind coming back if there's no queue.

Rate:
Salmon Ikura Oyako Don: 8.5/10 
Kaisen Nabe : 5.5/10 ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment