Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saveur

I was scrolling through Instagram when I chanced upon a dessert that my friend posted.Straight away I knew that I had to try it. What is it you may wonder, well I'm not gonna tell you so figure it out yourself :p

So I arranged a date to dine at Saveur with zq. That day finally arrived and..... I was late! About 20 mins and zq was kinda angry )':

So anyway, we went to the restaurant and got a table for 2 and ordered our food.

Saveur's pasta ($4.90)- chilli oil, finely chopped kombu, minced pork sauce, chives and sakura ebi. I came to Saveur once before so I've tasted their pasta. When this dish arrived, I tasted it and was a little disappointed. First it did not had as much flavor as the one I previously tasted and second, the pasta was cold(maybe because the person was spending too much time turning the pasta). But still it tasted nicer then most pasta that I have tasted.

Duck Confit ($12.90)- mashed potato, saute shitake with parsley, orange segments and orange-infused natural jus. My first time eating this dish. I love the taste of the dish. Duck was cooked nicely, meat tears off easily and skin was crispy. The mushroom were seasoned. Mashed potato was warm and the orange was refreshing. However zq said that it tasted better the previous time.

Salted Caramel Lava Cake ($10.90)- Maldon sea salt, Valrhona Dulcey chocolate and chantilly cream with vanilla ice cream.(+$2) Finally the moment I've been waiting for. Cut opened the cake and you could see the caramel oozing out. The cake's texture was kinda like steam cake. But taste wise it was okay. Not too sweet. From the ice cream, you could see tons of vanilla seeds all over it. The strawberry was a good garnish which provided some acidity.

Rate:
Saveur's pasta: 8/10 
Duck Confit: 8/10 
Salted Caramel Lava Cake: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment